Rajma and Tomato Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10374 times
The wholesome and protein-rich rajma and tomato soup is an ideal choice for hard and fast desi food lovers! with loads of tomatoes and onions, and a dash of garlic, pepper and chilli powder, it has a good blend of spicy and sour flavours that will perk you up even on a dull day. A sprinkling of cottage cheese adds to the protein quotient while the spring onion greens boost the josh! in short, this is a perfect soup to beat hunger pangs, and is loaded with enough nutrients to keep you on your toes.
- Combine the rajma, roughly chopped tomatoes, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and strain it using a strainer. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, 2 tbsp of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma- tomato purée, chilli powder, 1 cup of water, salt and black pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with grated paneer and spring onion greens.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.