This recipe has been viewed 838 times
Rajam Chaval is an authentic Punjabi Dish. Rajma Paratha is for people who like rajma but don't have craving for rice.
Add your private note
Rajma Parathas recipe - How to make Rajma Parathas
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 serving
- Boil the soaked rajma upto 60%, drain and roughly grind in a mixer. Keep aside.
- Combine the wheat flour, plain flour, salt, cumin seeds and oil in a deep bowl.
- Add lukewarm water and knead into a soft dough. Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the onions and saute till translucent. Add the tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, amchur powder, garam masala, rajma masala, chilli powder, clove powder, black pepper powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the boiled and ground rajma, cashewnut paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a circle of of 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Place a little stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle with a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little ghee until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make more parathas.
- Serve immediately with butter and tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by Alisha_Savla on 21 Mar 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.