Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4362 times
The spicy and quick rajma masaledaar recipe of cooking rajma or beans in a spicy thick onion-tomato based gravy. Serve the rajma or chickpea curry with steamed rice. Enjoy and learn many vegetable recipe, rice recipe, lentil or dal recipe at tarladalal.com
- Wash and pressure cook rajma in plenty of water, till very tender, (at least 6 whistles).
- Drain, wash with clean water, keep aside.
- Grind 2 tbsp. cooked rajma with 1/2 cup water in a mixie.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and asafoetida, allow to splutter.
- Add coconut, stir fry for a minute.
- Add capsicum, curry leaves, tomatoes, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add all dry masala powder, stir for a minute.
- Add boiled rajma, 1 cup water, salt, cook for 3-4 minutes after boil resumes.
- Add ground rajma, stir and cook till gravy is thick not watery.
- Add lemon juice, ghee, stir and remove into serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or naans, etc
This recipe was contributed by puja_c on 01 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.