Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34562 times
The innovative and quick rajmah gravy recipe of cooking rajmah or beans in a spicy thick onion-tomato based gravy. Enjoy and learn many vegetable recipe, rice recipe, lentil or dal recipe at tarladalal.com
- Soak the rajma for 24 hrs in water. wash it frequently to avoid odour.
- Pressure cook till soft with 1 tsp salt and 1 cup water.
- Finely chop one onion. grind the other onion with green chillies, garlic & ginger to a fine paste and keep aside. grind the tomatoes and keep it separately.
- In a deep vessel, add 4 tbsp of oil. warm the oil and add cumin seeds. then add the finely chopped onion and saute it till it becomes light brown and transparent.
- Then add the ground paste & fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the tomato paste, sour cream, haldi powder, chilly powder and salt. cover for a few minutes in low to medium flame(till the gravy becomes glossy and the oil speparates )
- Then add rajma and make up the consistency of the gravy by adding water as required.
- Add dhania powder & garam masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by kripachander on 20 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.