Rajma Curry ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16312 times
A world-famous recipe from the kitchens of punjab, this is not just delicious but also wholesome and filling when served with chawal.
- Drain the water from the rajma, wash and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds and cinnamon.
- When they crackle, add the onions and sauté for a few minutes till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger and green chillies and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the soaked rajma, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the dry mango powder and black salt, mix well and simmer for a few more minutes, stirring once in between. Serve hot garnished with coriander and ginger juliens.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.