Rajma Burger ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33836 times
Choose the Rajma Burger when you want to ensure a unique menu for your party!
With a rajma and paneer cutlet, and a unique curd-based spring onion spread that is very uncommon in burgers, this one is sure to impress your guests. Since this burger does not use cheese, serve it with mozzarella sticks, to complete the platter.
Do try other exciting variants of burger like Chinese Burger and Corn and Chick Pea Burger .
- Combine the plain flour and water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Mash the rajma coarsely and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, potatoes, paneer, rajma, coriander, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, cool slightly and add the cornflour and mix well.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cutlet in the plain flour mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 tbsp of curds and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the remaining curds and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and capsicum rings and sauté gently on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli flakes, mixed herbs, salt and pepper and sauté gently on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1 tbsp of the spring onion spread on all the upper bun halves.
- Place the lower half of a bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing up.
- Place a lettuce leaf on the bun and 1 onion ring over it and apply 1 tbsp of the spring onion spread over it.
- Place a cutlet, 1 capsicum ring and 1 onion ring over it.
- Place the upper half of the bun over it with the spread side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve immediately with fried mozzarella sticks.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per burger
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.