Rajgira ki Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18861 times
A wonderful accompaniment for khichdis, the Rajgira ki Kadhi is quite similar to usual kadhi recipes but uses rajgira flour instead of besan.
This mouth-watering faraali kadhi uses rock salt instead of sea salt, to make it acceptable on fasting days . Minimal and common ingredients are used, but the outcome is super tasty and satiating too.
This no-fuss, no-stress recipe is perfect for fasting days, to provide you with the required nutrients using permissible ingredients.
- Combine the curds, rajgira flour, sugar and rock salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared curd-rajgira flour mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with samo khichdi.
Rajgira ki Kadhi Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.