Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13533 times
Rajgira thalipith is a traditional Maharashtrian thalipith or Paratha recipe which can be enjoyed even on fasting days. Prepared from Rajgira atta and mashed potatoes, the thalipith is served with farali subzi or aloo curry.
- Make a paste of corriander leaves, cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and fennel.
- Add the potatoes, salt and the paste to the flour and knead it into tight dough.
- Add a little water if required.
- Roll the dough into 1 cm thick roti ( sprinkle a little dry rejgirah flour while rolling if it is sticking to the roll palate).
- Put the roti on a preheated tawa.
- Make holes lightly in the roti and add ghee to these holes as well as to the side of the roti.
- Roast it till golden brown on the lower side.
- Turn it and repeat the procedure.
- Serve it hot with farali chutney or alu sabzi.
This recipe was contributed by neetapilu on 15 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.