by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19511 times
Rajasthani dishes get their distinctive taste due to a combination of curds and select spices. That identity is unmistakable in this traditional dish.
- Combine the curds and besan together and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, bayleaf, cloves, cinnamon and asafoetida and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and coriander-cumin seed powder and continue stirring till it comes to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and salt with ½ cup of water and mix well and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes so the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||115.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||16.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||21 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.