Rajasthani Dal By setseeani
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9253 times
Can be served with bati, bajra roti, rice chapati etc.
- Pick, wash and soak moong dal and chana dal in about 3 cups of
- Water for an hour.
- Boil soaked moong and chana dal with 4 cups of water, salt, turmeric powder and chopped ginger till chana dal is cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan. add cumin seeds, asafoetida and whole dry red chilies and cook till cumin seeds begin to crackle.
- Add chopped onions; cook till onions are light brown.
- Add red chili powder and cooked dal to this. simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add amchur or 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.