Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10700 times
Raj kachauri is a crispy deep fried kachori recipe which is broken from the centre and then served with a tangy and spicy filling . The beaten curd may be poured over the top and then the raj kachauri is enjoyed as chaat with sev sprinkled as garnish.
- Knead the maida, salt and ghee to a stiff dough with water.
- Roll to 1/8” thickness, cut into rounds and fry first over high heat, then low, till a golden colour on both the sides.
- They should puff up (some may not, which does not matter).
- Mix sonth ingredients together and bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat, till thick .
- To make up, break an opening in one kachauri for the filling.
- Fill the filling ingredients into the cavity of the kachauri and serve.
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 26 Sep 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.