Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2554 times
Raisin cake is an eggless swet cake recipe which makes for a great tea time cake recipe. The flour mix is folded into the raisin mixture and then baked till fluffy soft.
- Combine raisins, brown sugar, water, lard or shortening, salt, cinnamon, and cloves
- In a 2-quart saucepan. bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 5 minutes,
- Occasionally. cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease a 10-inch tube pan. stir together flour
- And baking soda.
- Fold dry ingredients into cooled raisin mixture.
- Spoon into greased pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick
- Inserted in center comes out clean.
This recipe was contributed by kavish7779 on 06 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.