Ragi and Vegetable Roti
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7169 times
Ragi and Vegetable Roti is a staple of people who work in the fields.Ragi gives strength and the nutrients. Consumed in various ways, Ragi is a traditional healthy diet.
- Combine ragi flour, semolina, salt and all the vegetables. Use the moisture content of the vegetables before adding any water.
- If needed slowly add water as required to make it a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Grease a tava and press a portion of the ragi dough thinly on the tava with wet hands just like thalipeeth.
- Cook covered on medium to high flame or until the edges turn brown and crispy.
- Cool the tava before making the second one otherwise it will stick. You can also use parchment paper without having to cool the tava every time.
- Serve hot with any chutney of your choice, or simply with a dollop of butter or ghee.
- Instead of vegetables you can add 1 cup of freshly grated coconut
- Can add beetroot instead of carrots
- Can add chopped methi leaves along with other veggies or only onion
- Can add dill leaves (suwa bhaji) too which has lot of calcium.
- For softer rotis you can omit semolina.
This recipe was contributed by neelavenkatesh on 25 Oct 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.