Ragi and Oat Crackers with Cucumber Dip
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24587 times
There are some who vow by crackers, while there are others who find them dull. However, there is no divided opinion on this brilliant combination of Ragi and Oats Crackers with Cucumber Dip.
These light and wholesome crackers served with a refreshing curd-based dip make a great mid-afternoon snack. You can prepare and store a batch of the crackers in an airtight container to relish with a cup of tea or your favourite dip any time you want.
However, make this peppy mint-flavoured cucumber dip just before serving to enjoy the best consistency. This calcium-rich, energy-giving snack is a great pick for diabetics too.
You can also try other diabetic-friendly dry snacks like Non-Fried Besan Chakli and Baked Nachni Chivda .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 200 mm. (8?) diameter circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Prick them all over using a fork and cut out into approx. 50 mm. × 50 mm. (2? × 2? square pieces using a knife. You will get approx. 12 pieces.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 12 more pieces using another dough portion.
- Arrange them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 to 30 minutes or till they turn crisp from both the sides, while turning them once after 12 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- Serve the ragi and oat crackers with the cucumber dip.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.