Ragi and Gaund Golpapdi
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6678 times
A gluten free, warmth providing and healthy sweet for your family. It is especially good for diabetics, lactating mothers, children and grand parents and for those who are allergic to wheat.
- Heat ghee in a non-stck kadhai and fry the ragi flour till it gives out a nice aroma, stirring continuously.
- Add gundar, almonds, cardamom powder and jaiphal powder. Mix well.
- Remove from the flame and add the jaggery,mix well.
- When the jaggery melts and the mixture is still warm, pour it into the greased thali and spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl (katori).
- Cut into diamond shapes while still warm and garnish with khus khus and pistachio slivers.
- After half an hour or till it is set, remove the pieces and and serve it fresh with warm green tea or a glass of plain milk.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 24 Oct 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.