Ragi and Coriander Uttapa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 224 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 167084 times
Calcium and protein rich ragi along with vitamin and iron rich coriander combine tastefully in this healthy snack. While coriander itself has an irresistible flavour and aroma, this is further enhanced by the addition of chillies, onions, tangy curds and a traditional tempering too.
These no-fuss, easy-to-chew uttapas are ideal for Breakfast but can be had as a quick snack to silence a hunger pang any time of the day. Serve hot with sambhar or a chutney of your choice.
- Combine the ragi flour, rice flour, onions, coriander, curds, green chillies, salt and 3 cups of water in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency. Keep aside to ferment for 2 hours.
- For the tempering, heat 1 tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick mini uttapa pan and grease it lightly using ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter into each of the 7 uttapa moulds and cook them on a medium flame on both the sides, using ½ tsp of oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more uttapas in 5 more batches.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini uttapa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.