Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8964 times
Ragi stew, a simple and colourful vegetable stew, thickened using ragi flour is a delicious and nutrient rich recipe. Serve hot with hot steamed rice.
- In a deep kadhai heat 7 cups of water, add garlic, onions and coriander and bring it to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green peas, carrots, tomatoes, sugar, chilli powder and salt. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and bayleaves, when the seeds crackle add the tempering to the stew.
- Add milk and ragi flour dissolved in plain water to the simmering stew mixture.
- Simmer it for another 10 minutes. Or as per desired consistency.
- Garnish with coconut, coriander and red chilli powder.
- Serve hot with hot steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 24 Oct 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.