Ragi Roti ( Gluten Free Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 72789 times
Nutritious ragi flour, which is rich in iron, calcium and proteins, is a very popular ingredient in kannada cuisine. These rotis can be served with white butter or any vegetable of your choice.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead into soft, smooth dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again using oil till smooth and divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter, using a little flour for rolling.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle) on a slow flame till pale brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more rotis. Brush each roti with a little butter and serve hot.
- You can make crisp dosas from the same ingredients.
- Just add 2 tbsp of rice flour and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency and proceed in the same manner as for dosas.
- Those who are not suffering from celiac disease, they can use wheat flour for rolling
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.