Ragi - Vegetable Khichyu
by NEENA SAVLA
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17272 times
Ragi-Vegetable Khichyu is highly nutritious and healthly. Quick and easy to prepare.It can be served as breakfast, evening snack or dinner with a bowl of soup
- Lightly roast the ragi, cool and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan , add rai, jeera, curry patta and let crackle.
- Add peanuts and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add sesame seeds , ginger-chilli and sauté for a minute.
- Add carrot (grated), grated lauki (doodhi), boiled sweet corn, fresh coconut flakes, all dry masala powders, salt and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add buttermilk, mix and bring to a boil. Add coarsely ground ragi little by little and keep stirring continuously to avoid any lumps. Add coriander leaves and cook stirring till thick and leaves the pan. Remove from heat.
- Grease a bowl, spread some coconut flakes, coriander leaves, roasted til and fill the bowl with hot ` Khichyu`, press lightly. Invert in a serving plate, drizzle til oil on top and serve hot immediately.
This recipe was contributed by NEENA SAVLA on 23 Oct 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.