Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16637 times
Ragda Patties is a Maharashtrian fast food recipe with white peas cooked in a spicy mix and topped on potato patties. Learn how to make/prepare Ragda Patties by following this easy recipe at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Ragda Patties recipe - How to make Ragda Patties
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Soak the white peas overnight. or if you are in hurry, soak them for 4 hours in hot water. wash and add some salt and water. pressure cook till soft.
- Dip bread slices in water for just a moment and squeeze them to remove excess water. mix them with mashed potatoes and add salt. make small balls of the mixture and flatten them.
- Heat a griddle. pour some oil. arrange the patties on the heated griddle. turn upside down once the bottom side of patties is brown. shallow fry all the patties till brown and crisp.
- Chop onions and tomatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. add onion pieces, saute for a minute. then add tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste and fry for some time.
- Now add boiled peas, chili powder, salt and some water for desired consistency. cover and cook for 10 minutes. ragda is ready.
- Grind all the ingredients of sweet chutney with some water into a fine paste. in the same way, make spicy chutney.
- To serve, arrange patties in a dish, pour some ragda on top. add sweet chutney and spicy chutney.
- Garnish with thin sev, coriander leaves, onions and crushed puris
This recipe was contributed by krhea on 01 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.