Ragda Pattice ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17876 times
What better way to consume white peas than in the form of an ever-favourite street-food – and that too when it comes in a healthy version!
- Drain the safed vatana, add 1 cup of water, salt and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add all the other ingredients and 1¼ cups of water and mix well
- Mashing the peas slightly so that the gravy thickens and simmer for 10 minutes and keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes, cornflour and salt together in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle patting using your hands. Place 1½ tsp of the stuffing in the centre.
- Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the filling inside the potato circle.
- Repeat with the remaining potato mixture and stuffing to make 7 more stuffed patties.
- Cook them on a non-stick pan till they turn brown on both sides turn golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Place 2 patties on a serving plate and pour ¼th of the ragda over it.
- Pour 2 tbsp of khajur imli chutney, 1 tbsp of green chutney and 1 tbsp of onions on top.
- Repeat with the remaining patties and ragda to make 3 more servings.Serve hot garnished with coriander. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.