Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10168 times
A popular spicy street food found in Mumbai,Ragda patice is potato based patties served with hot spicy ragda(white peas preparation). Top the Ragda pattice with chopped onion, chillies, imli chutney and sev to enjoy a favorite snack recipe.
- Soak vatana in water for about six hours and boil with haldi till done.
- Add salt, mash a little.
- Boil potatoes, peel & mash them, add corn flour, finely cut green chilies and salt.
- To make the pattice, make small balls of the potato mix and then apply slight pressure to flatten it evenly.
- Heat the tava, put a little oil on it & fry pattice gently on both sides. fry on slow or medium heat. keep aside,
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil, lightly fry jeera, kadhi patta, chili powder and garam masala powder to make vaghar. put this vaghar on the ragda.
- Just before serving, take pattice and pour ragda on it.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney and sliced onions
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.