Radish Spinach Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 156 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22599 times
The radish spinach paratha is different in every way. Spinach is used in the dough, while the radish is made into a flavourful stuffing. Instead of making routine stuffed parathas, here the radish mix is spread on a semi-cooked roti, which is then folded in half and cooked on a tava to make a crescent-shaped delight.
- Combine the spinach, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the radish and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes. Squeeze out all the water and discard it.
- Add the coriander and green chillies and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter roti using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Cook them lightly on a hot non-stick tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Just before serving, place a semi-cooked roti on a flat, dry surface, spread a portion of the stuffing on one half of the roti and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||592.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.