Radish Muthia and Green Peas Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6715 times
A unique combination of fibre-rich green peas with nutritious muthias makes this Radish Muthia and Green Peas Subzi quite different from those you have tried before. The muthias, made using radish leaves, are rich in vitamins A and C. Baking makes them healthier than the deep-fried alternatives. Add the muthias just before serving, as they tend to get soggy over time.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 28 equal portions and shape each portion into a 25 mm. (1?) long cylindrical muthia.
- Bake the muthias in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes, turning them around once in between. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green peas, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, coriander-cumin seeds powder, green chilli paste, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the muthias, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.