Radish Moong Dal Chilas ( Iron Rich Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40656 times
A delicious recipe that makes use of radish leaves, whole moong and low-fat curd. Radish leaves are high in calcium, iron and carotenoids, while the moong adds enough protein and fibre into your meal. Eat them hot!
- Soak the moong dal in enough water overnight.
- Drain, add the green chillies and ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl; add the curds, 1 cup of radish leaves, besan, asafoetida and salt, mix well.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a medium flame and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a portion of the batter and spread it evenly using a ladle to make a thin circle of approx. 125 mm. (5”) in diameter.
- Divide the remaining 1/3 cup of radish leaves into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spread a portion of radish leaves and sprinkle ½ tsp of sesame seeds evenly over it.
- Pour ¼ tsp of oil on the sides of each chila and cook on a medium flame till the chila turns crispy and brown spots appear.
- Turn over, cook on a medium flame for another minute and fold over to make a semi-circle or roll it up.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more chilas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.