by Foodie #380213
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9865 times
A delicious radish dal recipe with a blend of tuar dal along with chopped raddish(mooli). The healthy radish dal are cooked with radish along with its leaves and tempered with mustard and cumin seeds. The radish dal is flavored with tomatoes, chili powder and jeera powder. Simply delicious!
- Wash and soak the daal for 15 minutes thereafter pressure cook the dal with water
- Grate the raddish and fine cut the radish leaves
- In a bowl take little water add to it the chili/turmeric/coriander and make semi solid paste keep aside.
- In a frying pan heat ghee
- Add the jeera/mustard seed allow it to splutter
- Thereafter add hing
- Add the semi solid paste of all the masala and keep stirring for 2 minutes
- Add the grated radish with leaves keep stirring for 3 minutes
- Add the entire stir fried masala with radish and salt into the dal
- Bring the daal to boil
- Serve with rice or roti.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #380213 on 16 Aug 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.