Rabdi Jalebi Without Yeast
by Foodie #618649
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6859 times
Best Enjoyed during winters breakfast.
Add your private note
Rabdi Jalebi Without Yeast recipe - How to make Rabdi Jalebi Without Yeast
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
10 hours 30 minutesMakes 4 to 6 servings
- Heat milk in non-stick vessel on simmer. Let it boil.
- Once its boiled,let a spoon in it so it will not pour out. Add kesar, cardamom to it.
- Keep stirring in between, until it lessens to 1/4th of its quantity.
- Turn off the gas once it becomes thick like rabdi.
- Let it cool for 15-25 min then add milkmaid to it.
- Garnish it with dry fruits and serve hot with jalebis.
- Mix all the dry ingrdients in a bowl.
- Add water to make a thick batter. Water can be added if the batter is not thick enough as required for the jalebis
- Now let the batter for 12-14 hours.
- Combine the sugar and water in a broad non-stick pan so that you can easily soak the jalebi in the syrup without breaking them.
- Mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar syrup is of 1 thread consistency.
- Take care as it should be not be more watery as it might loosen the jalebi or not too thick either.
- In case if you forget to add the color to the batter, you can also add it to the syrup.
- Be sure to make the syrup before you start on with the jalebi.
- Now, check the consistency of batter. If its too thick, add water. If its too watery, add little bit of all purpose flour or rice flour to it.
- Heat oil in the wide non stick pan. Add ghee to give you that ethnic flavour in jalebi. (you can use ghee instead of oil totally).
- Now pour the batter in the sauce bottle or any bottle with a small hole. Once the oil is heated,start making coil shaped jalebi in the pan.
- Deep fry the jalebis till golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and soak them in the syrup for a minute or two and remove.
- Garnish and serve hot with unsweetened rabdi or hot milk.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #618649 on 01 Sep 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.