Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5408 times
Rabdi Basket is an amazing dessert recipe with awesome creativity. The baskets made of saffron colored khoya is filled with thick creamy rabdi and served chilled with almond slivers and pista as garnish.
- Mash the khoya, sugar and saffron together to make a smooth paste. refrigerate for sometime.
- To prepare the rabadi, boil half the milk in an iron kadai.
- Add three drops of lemon juice. continue to boil till fairly thick.
- In another vessel, do the same with the remaining milk.
- Mix the sugar and cardamom. cool.
- Divide the cooled khoya mixture into 28 balls.
- Shape each one like a basket and put it in a butter paper cup.
- Fill each one with rabadi.
- Decorate with slices of almonds and pistachios.
- Keep in fridge till serving time.
- Remove butter paper cups at the time of serving.
This recipe was contributed by BHAVINIPAREKH2001 on 03 Jun 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.