Raabdi with Bajra Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29753 times
Rajasthani cuisine amazes us by its simple yet mouthwatering foods. Despite using minimal ingredients, and often without any fresh veggies or greens, the Rajasthanis are able to make wholesome and delicious accompaniments for their rotis and rice. The Raabdi, served with Bajra Roti, is one such example, wherein a combination of curd and bajra flour is cooked for a few minutes with nothing but salt and asafoetida for flavouring. Yet, the Raabdi tastes so fabulous, it makes the rotis taste more appealing than usual! Just make sure you cool the Raabdi before serving.
- Combine the bajra flour, curds and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the bajra-curds mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Serve the raabdi immediately with bajra roti.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.