Quinoa and Ragi Pancakes with Beet Cheese Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6196 times
Keep aside some time to prepare this, but worry not, you will be amazed by the results and will look forward to preparing it again! Delicious pancakes made of quinoa and ragi flours are stuffed with a unique filling of mushrooms and water chestnuts, and topped with a pleasantly-coloured, gooey-textured beet cheese sauce.
The Quinoa and Ragi Pancakes with Mushroom and Water Chestnut Filling and Beet Sauce looks awesome and tastes outta-this-world! Serve it immediately on preparation.
- Combine the beetroot, feta cheese and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the water chestnut, mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour,mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) , grease it with oil, pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it in a circular motion to make a 250 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Turnover and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Spread approx. 2 tbsp of the stuffing at one end of the pancake and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 11 more stuffed pancakes.
- Put approx. 2 tsp of the prepared beet cheese sauce evenly over each stuffed pancake.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.