Quinoa and Feta Summer Salad
by PRACHI AGARWAL
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2540 times
Quinoa and Feta Summer Salad, a wholesome, cheesy and crumbly salad with the goodness of protein rich quinoa, chick peas and feta cheese. The tanginess imparted by the sweet-tart apple cider and lemon juice in the dressing is the characteristic flavour of this dish. Garlic, pepper, coriander and olive oil lend a variety of intriguing flavours to the dressing.
Add your private note
Quinoa and Feta Summer Salad recipe - How to make Quinoa and Feta Summer Salad
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Place the quinoa and water in a pot and cook according to the instructions on the pack, about 15 minutes. Let cool in the fridge.
- Make the dressing while the quinoa is cooling.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor except for the oil.
- Pulse on high speed until well mixed.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil with the machine on high and blend until the dressing starts to emulsify.
- Set aside.
- Once the quinoa is cool, transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chick peas, peppers, onion, coriander and feta.
- Gently toss together then start to add the dressing.
- Once the dressing has been added, toss again and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add some more coriander or feta to garnish.
- Serve at once or keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- I used roasted peppers in a jar which can be found easily in the store.
- You can make this salad a day ahead and keep it in the fridge until you need to serve it. Any leftovers will last a further couple of days sealed in a container and kept in the fridge.
This recipe was contributed by PRACHI AGARWAL on 18 Jun 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.