Quinoa Salad with Cucumbers, Chickpeas, and A Yogurt Dill Dressing
by PRACHI AGARWAL
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5119 times
A simple, wholesome delicious salad!
Add your private note
Quinoa Salad with Cucumbers, Chickpeas, and A Yogurt Dill Dressing recipe - How to make Quinoa Salad with Cucumbers, Chickpeas, and A Yogurt Dill Dressing
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- The night before you make this dish, plan to soak your quinoa to make it more digestible.
- Place the quinoa in a non-reactive bowl or jar (preferably glass), and mix it with the warm filtered water and raw apple cider vinegar.
- Allow it to soak for at least 8 hours, and up to 24.
- When you're ready to make the salad, drain and rinse your quinoa in a fine sieve, allowing the water to run clear.
- Place your rinsed quinoa in a pot with 2 more cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- When it's boiling, cover the pot, and turn the heat to low, allowing it to simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- When the quinoa is done, place it in a bowl to cool.
- You can leave it on the counter, or put it in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, assemble your dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic cloves, fresh dill and salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa has cooled, gently mix in the cucumber, red onion and chickpeas.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture (you may not need it all), and mix thoroughly.
- This salad is best served at room temperature after preparing it, or lightly chilled.
- Top with additional dill, feta cheese, olives, or tomatoes if desired!
This recipe was contributed by PRACHI AGARWAL on 31 Jul 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.