Quinoa Kale Khakhra
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 2202 times
Kale is high in fibre and vitamins. It is a rich source of fibre and a great detox food. Quinoa increases your energy and is high in protein.
The combination of these two power packed food creates incredibly nutritious khakhra. The addition of sesame seeds elevate the aroma, while also adds to its crunchiness. The half-cooking of khakhra and then recooking decreases the overall cooking time and gives a crisp texture.
These khakhra are bound of all nutrients and an amazing alternative to kill your hunger pangs especially during office hours. Make these khakhras in batches and store them in an air-tight container.
Try similar khakhra recipes Mini Oats Khakhra or Whole Wheat and Methi Khakhra
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of dough into a 150 mm (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a concave non-stick tava (griddle) and half cook the roti.
- Remove on a plate and brush it lightly using ¼ tsp of olive oil.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to half cook and brush the remaining rotis.
- Heat a concave non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each brushed roti on a slow flame until crisp using little pressure with help of a muslin cloth or with a khakhra press.
- Repeat step 7 to make 9 more khakhras.
- Allow them to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.