Quindim- A Brazillian Dessert.
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1818 times
This is a national dessert of Brazil, I'm sure most of the Indian's would just go crazy making it at home, though it is bit tricky getting out of the oven but, still once you understand your oven, things are much easier, I'm sure everyone will definitely love this dessert and make it a part of their regular cooking and indulging with sweet tooth. Have a great dessert.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Combine the sugar, coconut and melted butter in a bowl and beat well using an electric beater, while adding the egg yolks one at a time.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan or small cupcake moulds, which is well greased with butter and sprinkle sugar to the greased pan.
- Place the cupcake moulds in a large double boiler.
- Fill double boiler pan with boiling water.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. On the top of the cups, you will see the coconut flakes darkening, which comes on top while getting baked.
- Keep them inside the fridge to cool.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by cakeaffairs.in on 21 Feb 2013Im by profession a Pastry Chef, with about 13 yrs,of great work experience, with great knowledge gai...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.