Quick'n'easy Couscous Upma
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10644 times
Couscous is a tiny pasta which is a staple in Moroccan cooking. it can be found in the pasta aisle in supermarkets.
this can be had as brunch, or a filling teatime tiffin, with some fruit juice to cool you off.
- Bring the water to a slow boil in a vessel.
- Meanwhile,in another hot pan, add oil, and saute the minced ginger and garlic.
- Saute on high heat for 1-2 minutes, till they emit a nice aroma.( do not let them brown )
- Add the onions and the coarsely chopped jalapeno peppers , saute for 2 minutes , till the onions are soft.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and a pinch of salt.stir well, and cook with lid
- For about 5 minutes.
- It will form a thick pulp .
- To it, add the couscous sufficient salt and 1 cup of boiling water .
- Cook with lid.
- Check after 4-5 minutes.
- Add more boiling water if required,stir and cook on low or medium heat till the pasta is soft and cooked through , and no water remains.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with grated cheese and serve hot
This recipe was contributed by v_saj on 08 Nov 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.