Quick and Crispy Chakli
by Jyoti V B
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43301 times
Quick and Crispy Chakli, as the name suggests it is easy and quick to make. Just pressure cook the dal, mix remaining ingredients and press the chaklis in hot oil.
Carrom seeds gives a mild pungent taste and the sesame seeds a nutty taste to the chaklis. Stor the chaklis in an air-tight jar and enjoy anytime.
- Pressure cook moong dal with half cup of water until 2-3 whistles on medium heat.
- When steam escapes remove moong dal from cooker and add all the above ingredients mix well.
- You can add less or more rice flour to make the perfect dough. Then put dough into the chakli mould and make chaklis.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the chakils til they turn crisp and golden brown.
- Serve or store in an airtight container to preserve crispiness.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 03 Sep 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.