Quick Vegetable Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22546 times
Here is a lip-smacking tikki made with a colourful mix of veggies, ranging from green peas and carrots to potatoes and bottle gourd, together with aromatic herbs like coriander and mint.
After cooking, the Quick Vegetable Tikki is immediately rolled in a mixture of mint leaves and spice powders, to give it a tangy tongue-tickling coating that instantly excites your taste buds as soon as you bite into a tikki. After grating the doodhi, squeeze out the excess water before mixing it with the other ingredients.
Make these as pre-dinner bites served with Dahiwali Pudina ki Chutney or enjoy as a filling snack with Ragda or Chole .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the mixture into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle.
- Roll the tikkis in breadcrumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with oil and cook 7 tikkis at a time using a little oil on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 5 to cook 7 more tikkis.
- Roll them in the prepared mixture and serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.
Vegetable Tikki, Quick Vegetable Tikki Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per tikki
|Vitamin A||101.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.