Quick Veg Broth ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26757 times
Quick veg broth, evening snack! considering the pressure cooker ensures reduction in nutrient loss of the ingredients in the soup it finds a place in the list of “healthy” tag.
- Blend the basil leaves with ¼ cup of water in a mixer and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions, french beans, carrots, potatoes, cabbage and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, 4 cups of hot water, salt and pepper, mix well and pressure cook on a high for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using quick release method, (refer handy tip) before opening the lid.
- Add the basil paste, mix well and simmer for a minute. Serve hot.
- Quick release method: also called the cold-water release method, it is used to release pressure quickly. To use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the burner, place in the sink and run cold water gently over the lid until the steam dissipates.
- When putting the pressure cooker in the sink, tilt the handle up so the water flows away from you. Quick release works best for foods where you need to control the timing and degree of cooking.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||116.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||12.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.