Quick Sandwich Recipe, Veg Tava Sandwich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27964 times
This Quick Sandwich Recipe is one that has withstood the test of time. For years, it has come to the aid of people who need a quick snack to appease a sudden hunger pang.
It is a popular snack with kids and office-goers, and is sold commonly in canteens and bakeries. It is a wonderful snack to accompany tea, because it is both filling and tasty.
Here, a succulent stuffing of onions and tomatoes perked up with spice powders is sandwiched along with cheese between two buttered bread slices, and cooked on a tava with more butter, till the bread is perfectly crisp and appetizingly golden in colour!
The crispness of the bread and the juiciness of the filling contrast beautifully making this an ever-popular snack.
You can also try other sandwiches like the Potato Sandwich or Cheese Vegetable Sandwich .
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread ½ tsp of butter evenly over each slice.
- Place a portion of the stuffing on one buttered bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Sandwich it using another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Brush ½ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Heat a non-stick a tava (griddle), put ½ tsp of butter for cooking and place the sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal portions.
- Repeat steps 2 to 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||377.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.