Quick Rava Handwa
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45717 times
Quick Rava Handwa, a version of the popular Gujarati snack made from semolina in a pan. Enjoy for breakfast or as an evening snack. The tempering of mustard seeds and a garnish of grated coconut make it more flavourful.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, except oil. Add just enough buttermilk to make a thick batter. Keep aside for half an hour.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portions
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small non-stick kadhai or a pan add a few mustasrd seeds and cumin seeds, when the seeds crackle pour half the batter and spread evenly.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame till golden brown, flip and cook on the other side also till golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 1 more handwa.
- Serve immediately garnished with grated coconnut and coriander.
This recipe was contributed by srsrvs on 01 Sep 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.