Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3346 times
Quick ras malai is a quick and easy way of preparing the Bengali dessert delicacy, ras malai at home. This festive fare, rasmalai can be prepared with rasgullas simmered in thickened and sweetened milk.
- Put the milk for boiling in a thick bottomed shallow pan
- When it starts boiling, slow the flame
- In a small bowl, mix cornflour in 2-3 tbsp of cold milk
- Seive this mixture and pour it in the simmering milk. keep on stirring the milk while adding the cornflour or else it might burn.
- After this add the rasgullas, and allow it to thicken till the required consistency.
- Add chopped dryfruits, kesar etc. allow it to cool
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by gargsuchi on 10 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.