Quick Pav Bhaji
by Amarendra Mulye
This recipe has been viewed 11419 times
The recipe of this Pav-bhaji is slightly different from the conventional recipe, where chopping, sauteing and mashing is required. In this recipe all ingredients are Pressure Cooked to make it in a quick manner. Hence, the name is Quick Pav-bhaji.
- Pressure cook tomatoes, onions and vegetables (except boiled potatoes) for 3-4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the cooked onions, tomatoes and vegetables to fine paste in a blender.(If you do not like fine paste, then blend it with hand-blender to keep the vegetables chunky)
- Heat oil and butter in a kadai, add red chilly-garlic paste, ginger-garlic paste and pav bhaji masala, saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetables paste and cook for 5-6 minutes.Add mashed boiled potatoes, salt and red chilli powder. Cook for another 5-6 minutes,add water if required.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
- Cut pav in the centre.
- Heat pan and grease it with butter and roast the pav on the greased pan from both the sides.
- Serve hot.
- Serve pav-bhaji in a bowl and garnish it with chopped onions and coriander, add a dollop of butter on the bhaji.
- Serve the pav bhaji with buttered pav and red chill-garlic chutney and slice of lime.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 22 Nov 2013I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.