Quick N Crispy-popped- Rice(qcpr)
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6039 times
Qcpr will certainly be liked by children. believe me, a great and quick snack for teatime.
pls take care to stir the rice occasionally so that it does not burn.
it is the favouite snack in our home, while watching tv and reading comics :-)
no oil, no fat :-)
try the following one also. (for those like sweet snacks.) this can be named "quicknsweety-rice-balls" (qsrb) :-)
pop the rice plainly without adding any other ingredients, then grind into a smooth powder along with sugar, cardamom seeds and grated coconut, add few drops of warm milk and then make balls. serve after few minutes. they can be decorated with cashew nuts and raisins.
- Wash the rice well, drain and allow to dry.
- In a nonstick pan, put all the rice and in low fire, stir occasionally
- When the rice becomes transparent, add the garam masala, chilly powder, few curry leaves and salt.
- Stir well again and now, cover with a lid
- Remove the lid after 3-4 minutes.
- Now, stir occasionally and wait till the rice pops.
- When about 70% of the rice pops, off the burner.
- For serving, take the quickncrispy-popped-rice (qcpr) in a bowl, decorate with grated coconut and coriander leaves and put a spoon inside.
This recipe was contributed by keralacook on 11 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.