Quick Moondal Payasam (kheer)
This recipe has been viewed 5158 times
It is very good for health and digestive system for kids.
add more jaggery if you like it more sweet.
add more ghee to make it more rich.
it can be stored in a refrigirator upto 3 days.
it has different tastes when served hot/chilled.
it tastes kind of kulfi when served chilled.
it can be st
- Cook moongdal in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water upto 3 whistles.
- Mash cooked moong dal with a spoon add milk, jaggary and mix well.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes. add water if required to make a thick soup / kheer consistancy.
- Add coconut, cashew nuts, raisins, cardamom powder cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ghee and mix well
- Either serve hot or refrigirate and serve chilled
This recipe was contributed by P_malathi on 16 Feb 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.