Quick Mixed Dal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4035 times
A delicious mixed dal recipe with a blend of tuar and moong dal. The mixed dals are tempered with mustard and cumin seeds and flavored with tomatoes, chillies and jeera powder. Simply delicious!
Add your private note
Quick Mixed Dal recipe - How to make Quick Mixed Dal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 5 servings
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds and cumins seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, curry leaves, and onions and saute for a minute.
- Add the amarnath leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies ,ginger-garlic paste and turmeric and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green peas and channa dal, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the moong dal and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes
- Add tamarind water and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
This recipe was contributed by Rajeshwari.Ch on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.