Quick Lemon Cheese Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 234 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20276 times
Freshly whipped cream blended with lemon and cottage cheese chilled on a crunchy biscuit base.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") diameter flan ring.
- Chill until firm.
- Fold in the whipped cream with the lemon rind, juice, cream cheese, sugar and lemon essence.
- Spread the filling over the base and chill until firm.
- Remove the flan ring. Top the cheese pie with the biscuit crumbs forming criss cross patterns and decorate with lemon wedges.
- Serve chilled.
- The best way to crumble biscuits is to put them in a plastic bag.
- Or use a tea towel and crush using both hands till you get medium sized crumbs.
- Strawberry sauce complements this dessert very well.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.