Quick Kothimbir Vadi ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48337 times
With a wholesome blend of flours and traditional spices, these kothimbir vadis are sure to bring back memories of your haveli home! What is more, it can be made in a jiffy with our handy kitchen helper, the microwave.
- Combine the wheat flour, besan, coriander, semolina, ginger paste, green chilli paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, sugar, oil, salt along with ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Just before cooking, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Grease 6 paper cups of 50 mm. (2”) diameter using oil and pour 2 tbsp of the batter in each of 6 cups and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Allow it cool slightly and then de-mould it.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make more 6 vadis in one more batch.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.