Quick Dal with Spinach
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2727 times
Rich in high protein and iron.
Add your private note
Quick Dal with Spinach recipe - How to make Quick Dal with Spinach
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 to 6 servings
- Combine the dals in a pressure cooker, add enough water, salt and turmeric powder, mix well and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles, or till the dals are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add ginger paste, tomatoes, garlic paste, green chillies, cumin seeds powder and grated coconut, mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the dals, cardamom and cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Bring the dal to boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and served with ghee or butter.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.