Quick Dal Palak
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12164 times
Dal palak is a hot and delicious dal preparation made with palak added to masoor dal. Delicious and healthy. Serve with rice or rotis.
- Combine the coconut, garlic and cumin seeds powder and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, adding little water. Transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the dal adding a little turmeric powder and salt.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn pink in colour.
- Add the coconut paste, tomatoes, spinach and green chillies, mix well and cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ad and enough water and mix well.
- Add the salt, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Serve hot with chapatis or rice.
This recipe was contributed by smitanair9 on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.