by Foodie #543780
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6133 times
Quick dal it is a very quick recipe with moong dal. It is a simple everyday dal which can be served with phulkas or rice.
- Pressure cook the moong dal with required water till completely soft and mash well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds and when they splutter add tomatoes and saute well till they cooks completely.
- Add the turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the mashed moong dal and desired water for dal consistency, salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- When it boils well, add the garam masala powder, curry leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with phulkas.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #543780 on 03 Sep 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.